Barolo No like

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Elmer that is all good advice. Give this wine lots more time. Run it back through the barrel maybe not the next round but after whatever goes in the barrel next let it sit for a few months in the carboy then the barrel should be old enough to give this wine 3 or 4 months without over oaking. If there are other winemakers near you it would be a good idea to take a small sample and get a second opinion.

From what I understand, some of the flavors associated with Barolo can take a couple years or so to develop. It can be fairly tannic, too, so extended aging/barrel time would probably go a long way in developing the wine. It's definitely not a wine to drink too early.

The OP never told us which kit it was, but in my experience, the 2 Barolos I've made are very tasty and drinkable early... then continue to improve and evolve. I've been unable to find a 'low end' Barolo kit so I can't even guess which kit we've all been talking about.

The 2 that I've made are both Mosti Mondiale. 1 Meglioli (with the grape pack) and 3x of the Renaissance Impressions (they come with raisins and a grape pack).

I really wish we knew which kit the OP made.

Simple, as never judge a Big Red wine before its time LOLOLOL. Wine Expert makes a low end kit I beleive

Latest posts

Back