AWW COMON.....SPEND THE DAY WITH ME

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waldo

Reaction score
Began my day early ( as usual) by bottling a batch of Blackberry.
Naturally I had to sample it and yep, wine does taste pretty good at 3am in the morning.

IMG_4352.jpg

Here is the label I made for this batch. It is in honor and rememberance of our Bear Cat who we lost last year. Kat nickname for him was "Booger Bear"
boogerbearblackberry2009.jpg

We were going to Malvern today to have lunch with Kat's Mom and our kiddos soI took along a bottle of Merlot that was graciously sent to me by Rrawhide a while back. I had planned on having it with a good steak but the menu for todays meal did not include steak. Instead, I cooked up a venison tenderloin a friend have give me friday morning. I marinated it overnight in Terayki suace with some pineapple juice and then cooked it with a little olive oil, butter and some of my Blackberry wine.
I also cooked a pot of wild rice to serve with it.

IMG_4354.jpg

In the process of getting everything loaded in the van, Kat said, "I wish you would look at that" Here it is the middle of November and we have two Iris blooming.......

IMG_4355.jpg

Rick, the Merlot was well received by everyone and a perfect pairing with the venison and wild rice.. I liked the balance ofoakiness and earthiness this wine had. It had a nice long fiinish and the only fault I found with it was a surprising"fizziness" that I wasnt expecting. We decanted the bottle andby the time we got ready toeat that had pretty much went away and it had really opened up its boquet nd exhibited a bit of spiciness I had not detected at initial tasting. In my most humble opinion,,,You have a winner here buddy.
IMG_4358.jpg

IMG_4362.jpg

IMG_4363.jpg

Nice write up and pictures. Good menu and good wines. Thanks for sharing.
smiley1.gif

Maybe I would have spent the day with you if you would have offered!!!!!!! Just kidding, I was working a side job! That venison looks to die for and I have a bunch in the freezer that just begging for something different.

I bet that blackberry wine will be delicious, but my wife has told me she will not eat or drink anything that has "booger" in the title/name. I suppose I can see her point - your "Booger Bear" wine may be more appetizing to those who knew the dearly departed.
smiley2.gif

Bart

appleman said:
Another day in the life of Waldo........... full of life as usual. So when does the Santa Season begin for you this year?

The Santa season will begin on 11/28 this year at The Promenade on chenal Mall in Little Rock. Will be a new twist this year as Kat will be attending the event as Mrs Santa Claus

wade said:
Maybe I would have spent the day with you if you would have offered!!!!!!! Just kidding, I was working a side job! That venison looks to die for and I have a bunch in the freezer that just begging for something different.

It was excellent Wade and really went well with the rice

BartReeder said:
I bet that blackberry wine will be delicious, but my wife has told me she will not eat or drink anything that has "booger" in the title/name. I suppose I can see her point - your "Booger Bear" wine may be more appetizing to those who knew the dearly departed.
smiley2.gif

Bart

I believe if she got a whiff of the boquet of this one i could make a convert out of her fairly easily BArt.
smiley4.gif

xanxer82 said:
looks like a great day.

Any day I can spend time with my family is great. The absolute worst day I ever had in my life was wonderful

I feel the same way. I take every opportunity I get to be with my family.
A nice bottle of wine thrown into the mix is just icing on the cake.

In everyone's life, there are certain people that you would like to meet in person and just sit down and visit with. Waldo, you are that kind of person. I hope I have the pleasure of getting to meet you in person someday and soak up that vast knowledge of winemaking that you possess. John.

Nursejohn I agree with you totally. I hope someday to meet waldo and sit a spell . Of course wine should be involved with the sitting.
smiley20.gif
smiley20.gif
smiley20.gif

Well by gawd yall just come on down...we'll ride off down to Grigsby Fjord on the Ouachita River and settle down under a big oak and let the birds and the river sing to us as we share a glass or two of good wine, nibble some cheese and crackersand tell lies.

Great job Waldo. The venison looks delicious. Thanks for sharing with us. You contribute greatly to this site.

Blessings to you.

Latest posts

Back