WineXpert Australian Shiraz

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD25

Reaction score
Hi guys. I haven't made a red wine before and would appreciate any tips for making the WE Selection Int'l red Varietal Australian Shiraz. Including; how to use oak, type of yeast, etc.

Thanks in advance for your input.

JD

We are going to attempt that one in a couple of weeks when we come back from Apopka at the end of this month. Will let you know what we experience.

Since this is a kit, it has everything in it that you need to make it the style it is intended to be.It has all needed yeast, oak, finings, etc that you need. Just follow the directions and it should come out great. They are one of my favorites. You will probably get a couple packets of oak to add- usually a powder and maybe some chips. The proper timing to use these is noted on the instructions.

Good luck with it, let it age in the bottle a few months and enjoy it.

Ours is also a kit that we bought the last time we were in Philly from a supplier there. He says it should be similar in taste as our Italian Red Sangiovese wine we madenearly two years back. That one turned out excellent and we still have several bottles of that on our rack aging. Just follow all the directions and you should be fine. Edited by: Miss Rocky

I pitched the yeast on my Shiraz on Sunday. I added the "powder oak" to the primary fermentation; but I plan on adding 3oz of the Hungarian Oak (House Toast) when I go to secondary this weekend.

I'm looking forward to this one...its sitting in there just sizzling away.

Which reminds me...I gotta get me a microscope!

Latest posts

Back