Mosti Mondiale Attn: Past Fresco Vintners

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimCook

Reaction score
I was curious to know how many of the people that have purchased the MM Fresco products in the past have used malolactic fermentation on their wines and what specific differences they noticed. Any past Fresco peoplepractice biological warfareusing MLF weaponry (Mighty-Little Fermenters)?

- Jim

Not me!
smiley4.gif

Edited to add:

I thought about it. Does that count?
smiley1.gif

Edited by: Joan

Appleman any signs of ice crystals in the bottles, after bottling and aging?

It says that it might produce ice looking crystals within the bottle after bottling and aging,have you experience this?

How canwe prevent those ice looking crystals from forming in the bottle?

PS: still reading up and deciding if i will use the malolactic fermentation
I was also thinking of adding tannin.

Edited by: Dominick

Dominick,

I've purchased many (sometimes expensive) bottles of wine with flavor crystals (a.k.a. wine diamonds) - no effect on the wine. In fact, most of the better wines that I've aged develop these on the cork especially.

Cold stabilization can help tartrate crystals fall out, if you're concerned.

If Joan and Appleman didn't do MLF, then I'm not going to worry about it.

How have these Fresco wines tasted, by the way?

- Jim

Initial tastes of mine were very good Jim. I will bottle it when I get done with harvest and other pressing fall jobs. I will report on it after that.

Dominik I haven't checked for any wine diamonds yet, but don't care if any form. Just leave them at the bottom of the bottle when pouring. They don't hurt anything and show that you had lots of solids, etc in your must when you made up the wine.

I personally don't like to find the diamonds in my wine so I cold stabilize. I've only had them fall out of an All Juice and a Meglioli, both 23L kits with lots of solids. I've not had any fall out from my smaller kits. (I'm still a bit of a newbie at 6 kits total, but that's been my experience.)

Given the expected high quality of the Fresco, I'd expect diamonds to form (but that's good!)

Latest posts

Back