Atlanta area wine makers

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am pretty new to wine making but wine grapes direct has fantastic customer service and products.
don't know how the thread got off topic but there is no denying that the fruit offered is of a better quality than any kit I have ever made.

I agree with you. I have purchased frozen grape must from Michael and he was very helpful, respectful and professional.

Coleman is right. The Chard is all juice - no skins. If they froze skins with the juice, too many tannins would leach out. But the reds (I have their Zin and Syrah going through MLF now), come with skins - tons of skins - just as if you crushed them yourself. So you get about 3 gallons of wine from the reds and 5 gallons from the whites. I got around 25 bottles from the Chard, which I bottled 6 or 7 months after fermentation; it's super clear without fining/filtering. I put the Chard through MLF as well, and added a small amount of oak cubes.

If you make a red, you'll want to press the skins somehow. I have a small bladder press, but I've seen people make a poor-man's press with a couple of buckets. The guys at WGD can tell you how to do that. They're very responsive to email questions.

Latest posts

Back