Asti Spumante kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scubaman2151

Reaction score
Has anyone every made one of these?

Do you know where I can find one of these kits if they make it?

Any tips?

Thanks,

Scuba

This is probably as close as you are going to get to a kit sparkling wine. It is a lot more work than making a still wine. You will need champagne bottles,stoppers, and wire hoods. This is a 3 gallon kit so you will need a 3 gallon carboy or 3 1 gallon jugs or 2 kits. Doing it in 3 1 gallon jugs will be more work as you will either have to divide all ingredients up after fermentation or transfer everything back to bucket and then back after mixing. I made this kit and it is pretty good. If you do decide to do this kit read instructions very carefully as they are very difficult to understand as they kind of jump back and forth. If you have any questions please ask before doing this as it took me a little while to figure it out. You can very easily do a sparkling wine with any juice and even kits but beware that you will want a light crisp wine like a Sauvignon Blanc.<t></t><table id="products" align="center" border="1" bordercolor="#000000" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><t><tr><td align="default" width="2%"><div align="center">3269 </td>
<td width="5%"><div align="center">
%5Cimages%5Cwss_sm.jpg
</td>
<td width="20%">

Millennium Sparkling Wine

A
fantastic bubbly made from a blend of quality California grape
varietals, Millennium produces an off-dry sparkling wine with a fruity
bouquet and taste, and a crisp finish. The colour - a warm, deep gold -
matches that of the finest old cuvees. Full bod</td>
<td width="2%"><div align="right">$49.99</td>
<td width="2%"><div align="right">$49.99 </td>
<td width="5%"><div align="right">$47.49</td>
<td width="5%"><div align="center">Stocked </td>
<td width="15%">

Add to Cart

Add to Wish List

Shipping Cost Estimate</td></tr></t></table>

Edited by: wade

Hmmmm. I think I might have to put this one off untill later. Anything different with these sparklng kits besides the different bottle?

You will be doing a secondary fermentation in the Champagne bottle and that is why you need a strong bottle as the pressure is very strong from fermentation, about 10 times greater than in a beer.

Wait, you would need a different carboy? Or just stronger bottles when I go to bottle the wine.

Th sparkling kit is only a 3 gallon kit so you will need a smaller carboy or 2 kits like I usually do but I finally broke down and bought a 3 gallon kit for some of these smaller kits like the Ports and Ice ine and Sherry kit that I have going right now. You will need the Champagne bottles also. If i were you I would wait till after New Years and gather up all the celebration bottles like i did. I retrieved over 80 of these bottles from friends and the recycling centers near me as these bottles are pricey cause theyre thick and heavy.

Back