WineXpert Argentine Malbec

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hdhunter

Junior
Reaction score
Has anyone done an WE Argentine Malbec?

I started this kit last night and was surprised at how much oak (2 bags of toasted oak) the kit contained.

Also, I would like to age this kit and drink it slowly. At what point should I add campden tablets?

I haven't done this one, but a couple kits I made had 4 packs of oak. The kit has all the metabisulfite in it that is needed for short term storage( 1 year or so). If you plan on storing longer, you may add more sulfite in the form of Campden tabs, NA- or K-Metabisulfite before bottling.

Please follow the directions and add 1/4 tsp/ 5 gramsof powdered K-meta at Step 4 for long term aging.

Even with the oak, the Malbec is a pretty fast drinker, but better at one year.

My Argentine Malbec was so bad for the first few months I thought it had some sort of chemical contamination - I was afraid I had not rinsed some clearner out or somthing... I was going to bring a bottle to George to see what he thought it might be but I tried one the day before I came over just to remember what I was tasting and 'VOILA!' it was very nice... it really had come around -- now, it is one of my favorites... gonna have to make another!

Latest posts

Back