April 2016 WOTM Club

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the applebutter racked to the secondary a few days ago. Dirty brown color, looks like it has oxidized but hasn't. Smells good, when it clears some will give it the taste test. Arne

The applebutter acted like it was never going to quit fermenting. Think it did a spontanious mlf. It was pretty heavy with acid earlier. Now that it has calmed down it has really smoothed out. The malt to me gives it kind of a beer taste. Anyway, getting ready to bottle it and wait til april. Arne.

This will be bottled next month. It's not as clear as I would like so I'll hit it with a clearing agent and back sweeten it. So far, I'm pretty pleased with it.

eta: Well, I've attempted to remove this photo so I can add a proper one and the site tells me I don't have permission to delete my own photo.....

20170313_163622.jpg

Last edited:
Think maybe I will try the applebutter again, but leave out the malt. It has kind of a beer taste which I like, but would rather just have it more of a mead. Going to get it bottled and let it rest for a while more. Still has that brown color, but does not taste oxidized. @Jericurl, yours looks really good. Someday I will get the kids to show me how to post pics on here. Arne.

Back