Apricot, my first batch of wine bottled!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stdkls28

Winemakin Texan
Reaction score
Started in June and added flavor pac about a month ago...last night I racked it but lost too much head space and didn't want to top off with water so I figured I'd just bottle it. Had a partial bottle when the Secondary Fermenter ran dry so I threw it in the fridge....tasted it earlier tonight and it tastes very nice IMO...alot like a Pinot Grigio! Is this the norm end result for an apricot wine? If it is or isn't I am very happy with the result! I'm going to age the other bottles more before drinking them..if I can wait lol

That is a little early to bottle. Has it completely cleared? If not you will get sediment in the bottles. If it has then it can age in the bottles however there is a greater surface to wine ratio which may cause some oxidation unless it's been sulfited.

Glad you liked it.

yeah I knew it was a little early but figured I'd take that chance with the level being so low in the carboy. It cleared very nicely but yes there is a trace amount of sediment in the bottom of of the bottles.....but not enough to bother me or anyone who'll be drinking this. Also the wine was sulfited with K-meta before bottling.

final taste

this wine is very delicate as stated in the past,if that was your end result,then so be it if you enjoy the taste thats great ,NOW,:try learn how to adjust your mix to create a deeper taste if thats possible with this fruit,,,if not ,not to worry,just enjoy:b

Latest posts

Back