WineXpert apple reisling

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaizen

Reaction score
starting sg was 1.08. not the 1.05 that the directions stated it should be.

comments?

Is that 1.080 and 1.050? 1.050 would be way under par, especially if storing for more than a few months.

Was this an Winexpert Island Mist kit?

If your SG was 1.080 something is wrong since it should notbe that high.
smiley5.gif

Oh sorry. I didn't realize you were talking about a kit wine. This particular one should not be that high. It is supposed to turn out more like a wine cooler.

I know. I tried a pic. Couldn't read that close. 1.8 SG Supposed to be around 1.5 SG

Kaizen, SG reading always have 4 digits, such as 1.070. 1.7 would be thick as honey.

You are causing my OCD to go haywire! You and Waldo. We need another decimal point there, buddy! 1.070?

smiley2.gif

Started my green apple riesling last night. I hate those caps on the juice bags. I tried to take it off gently like the instructions say, but it would not budge. So, I had to use force and juice splashed all over the floor, my arm, the chair, and my face!! ahhhh! But in the end, my starting S.G. was 1.050. I can tell you that my arm did taste pretty good! I almost thought I was a cat!

Back