Anyone use Aseptic Fruit Purée?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The fruit purée in your link reads as a standard harvest strength purée. Use that one like fresh fruit. ,, ie six or four pounds per gallon.

There are also concentrates available. I look at what the moisture removal was and reconstitute to get the TA between 0.5 and 0.7%, ,,, or lower if there is a cost target instead of flavor.

Thanks for the response. Maybe not the best way to go. I prefer good flavor above any cost. Im new to puree's. What would you use to make a pineapple wine? Thank You

Thanks for the response. Maybe not the best way to go. I prefer good flavor above any cost. Im new to puree's. What would you use to make a pineapple wine? Thank You
I realize I’m replying to your post months after your initial question. Perhaps you have found our path already, but for what it’s worth, here is what I’ve experienced when using Aseptic Fruit Puree (AFP) and in making pineapple wine:

I have used Aseptic Fruit Puree a couple times in experimentation—sweet dark cherry, and strawberry. It is an extremely convenient approach. However, my biggest caution is to make sure the must is adequately aerated during primary fermentation. I found it needed copious amounts of stirring to get enough oxygen into the mixture to help the yeast get going. Mine turned a little sulphuric quickly and I tried treating it various ways to save it—aeration, copper, etc.—which ultimately helped. So I suggest aerate/vigorously stir a lot when you pitch your yeast, and for the next several days while fermentation is kicking off. Also, consider making a starter with your yeast before pitching—adding more and more must to the yeast over time to get it really active.

I made the AFP at the same time as making fresh fruit wines of the same fruit for comparison. Finished, there is an obvious difference where wine made with fresh fruit was the clear winner for me. AFP finished wines were fine—strawberry I’d consider good; cherry, not.

I have also made pineapple wine a couple times. Once with fresh pineapples, once with 100% pure pineapple juice. Once again, the wine made with fresh fruit was a clear winner for me. There was more character to it than the 100% pure juice.

I realize I’m replying to your post months after your initial question. Perhaps you have found our path already, but for what it’s worth, here is what I’ve experienced when using Aseptic Fruit Puree (AFP) and in making pineapple wine:

I have used Aseptic Fruit Puree a couple times in experimentation—sweet dark cherry, and strawberry. It is an extremely convenient approach. However, my biggest caution is to make sure the must is adequately aerated during primary fermentation. I found it needed copious amounts of stirring to get enough oxygen into the mixture to help the yeast get going. Mine turned a little sulphuric quickly and I tried treating it various ways to save it—aeration, copper, etc.—which ultimately helped. So I suggest aerate/vigorously stir a lot when you pitch your yeast, and for the next several days while fermentation is kicking off. Also, consider making a starter with your yeast before pitching—adding more and more must to the yeast over time to get it really active.

I made the AFP at the same time as making fresh fruit wines of the same fruit for comparison. Finished, there is an obvious difference where wine made with fresh fruit was the clear winner for me. AFP finished wines were fine—strawberry I’d consider good; cherry, not.

I have also made pineapple wine a couple times. Once with fresh pineapples, once with 100% pure pineapple juice. Once again, the wine made with fresh fruit was a clear winner for me. There was more character to it than the 100% pure juice.
Hi Megan, Thanks so much for your input and sorry to be slow to respond.
I have yet to find the time to make that pineapple wine! lol

Back