RJ Spagnols Anyone make the Hightail Okanagan Merlot? Is it worth the extra $ ?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dino466

Know Just Enough to get into Trouble
Reaction score
Just wondering about the Hightail series - not much written about them wondering if it is worth the extra $$$ over the EP line?

Just wondering about the Hightail series - not much written about them wondering if it is worth the extra $$$ over the EP line?

Don't really know much about the Hightail series, but the Grand Cru International Okanagan Pinot Noir turned out very nicely for the price.

In the past, the Hightail kits have been very good. I don't know how they compare to the EP kits though.

BTW, the Hightail kits are usually only available in Canada.

Steve

I've done both the High Tail California Merlot and the High Tail Cab. Sauv .And were happy with them both. I did manage to scoop mine at the time for $75 each so it was worth the dollars for me. IMO for a straight merlot there are kits that I think taste just as good but easier on the pocketbook.

See it's $159.00 on the east coast - a little higher then the EP line. Jees they must have delivered the Hightail to the East Coast by hand and individually in order to double the price.

I don't think it's much cheaper here out West but I've been getting mine direct from Spagnols so I luck out on unadvertised clearance sales.
The $75 price I got mine for was just a clearance sale I lucked in on. I picked up a EP Sauv.Blanc for $50 yesterday. They're shutting down here and have a few clearance items.
You might find some cheaper deals out your way soon because Spagnols is closing here and heading out to Ontario.

Back