Anyone have Vibram Fivefingers

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larryh86GT

Reaction score
I just got these. I think they are knockoffs but they fit well and are comfy. Ugly though eh? I have another pair coming from China that I know are knockoffs but the price was right.

:b

Vibram fivefingers KSO P Jan 15 2011 001.jpg

I have a pair and I run in them almost exlusively in the summer. I just got back from a 3 miler about 15 minutes ago and it is 9 degrees out so I use sneakers in the cold months and for races.
They are a great training aid, although I haven't run a race in them. They will completely work your feet and calves. I have a marathon in exactly 18 weeks from today ( memorial day) so maybe I will give it a go for the marathon with them. It is a whole new experience running in them.

I would recommend starting out with a mile or two at first and then loop back home and change into your sneakers. Do that for a few weeks and then gradually increase your mileage in them. They work very well for reducing impact on your knees and improving foot and calf strangth.

What are the knockoffs? I would be interested in the website if you have a link to share. You can PM me if you don't want it public.

I have a pair and I run in them almost exlusively in the summer. I just got back from a 3 miler about 15 minutes ago and it is 9 degrees out so I use sneakers in the cold months and for races.
They are a great training aid, although I haven't run a race in them. They will completely work your feet and calves. I have a marathon in exactly 18 weeks from today ( memorial day) so maybe I will give it a go for the marathon with them. It is a whole new experience running in them.

I would recommend starting out with a mile or two at first and then loop back home and change into your sneakers. Do that for a few weeks and then gradually increase your mileage in them. They work very well for reducing impact on your knees and improving foot and calf strangth.

What are the knockoffs? I would be interested in the website if you have a link to share. You can PM me if you don't want it public.

The pair I show pictured I bought from Craigslist locally and I'm happy with them. I didn't suspect they were knockoffs until after I brought them home but they are fine. I probably won't run in them as I've been running for over 30 years now, don't want to have to learn a new style of running at this point and have a lot of pairs of running shoes stockpiled. I'm thinking using the fivefingers for snorkeling and just futzing around the yard after I retire.
The pair I still have coming I purchased on eBay, then the seller got kicked off the auction site after I bought and paid for them so they no longer have a site. :sm

I use them swimming at the lakehouse and working in the yard. It is like being barefoot without worrying about stepping on a nail walking around outside. I love them although my wife thinks I look like a goober.

Okay they are cute but I think i'm way too old to be wearing something like those. Oh Geez I hope my wife who is a shoe lover and much younger than me don't see these! :slp

Looks like they'd be great for stomping grapes - that's what you really want them for, right?

My wifes friends' husband has a pair that he uses exclusively for training. He runs marathons all year round and has completed a century (100 miles) last summer. My wife just bought a pair just after Xmas to use for her training. I am currently still using regular running shoes for my running. All of my extra money goes into my wine...

If you take a look at the pic you will see that they have "fingers" for each of your toes. Just like a glove for your hand. They let each toe work independently of each other. Sounds stupid but it is the equivalent of wearing mittens or gloves. You get a lot more utility out of your feet when in motion. It sounds weird but it works.

Latest posts

Back