Quantcast

Anyone got a pear and fig recipe.

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

Fermator

Reaction score
I have an abundance of pear and figs does anyone have a recipe for them I would like to avoid adding sugar. If sugar would be required I’d rather use honey. Simple is best. Just curious on lbs I would need to avoid sugar adding and a good dry package yeast to use. I’m good on general process. Was planning to freeze fruit when it gets really ripe then after a week unthaw and ferment.

salcoco

Veteran Wine Maker
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
the best abv for aging wine is 12%. the sugar content of fruit will not yield this level thus requiring the addition of some sweetener. honey would work. visit winemaking.jackkeller.net for recipes. Caution with pear wine I have found that the addition of bentonite during fermentation will assist greatly in clearing wine post fermentation

meadmaker1

WMT Supporter
Reaction score
In the absence of a recipe recommended personally, i agree jack keller has many recipies, but they are just guide lines. Check the recipe forum here, as will as a google search. Compare them to discover the common aspects to build your own. If your not comfortable diving in based on a recipe you write yourself, post your intentions and folks will comment on it and point out possible things you may have forgotten, over looked, or misjudged.