Another Weak Peach Wine-Solution?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roadwarriorsvt

Reaction score
Check out Welches White Grape + Peach frozen concentrate
I think its what you're looking for, although it does add some sweetness

To actually answer your question, i havent used an extract but theres lots of members who have - hopefully some of them chime in

Thanks D. So far, I can only find the Welch's White Grape/Peach jugs of juice, no concentrates! I'll widen my search. I'm still a little on the dryer side so I've got room for some F-pac sweetness.

Anyone else use extracts?

I have not used peach extract. I have used strawberry extract, and also blueberry concentrate. Both worked well.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=peach+concentrate#/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=peach+extract&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Apeach+extract

I have also heard of winemakers using peach jelly (not preserves) as a combo flavoring and sweetener. You might check your local chain grocery.

Geez, I keep thinking of stuff to add. The addition of mango juice also helps boost the flavor of peach, though it is no longer a purely peach flavor then.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003W8LHDG/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
You can simmer the bottled juice down by half to remove the water. It works well and I have done this with skeeter pee.

Even the frozen cans contain water - the label says it contains filtered water. So I simmer them down too so as to not add any water to dilute the wine.

Thanks for the suggestions. I may try another bottle of extract and if I still need more flavor,try the other options.

Another suggestion is too look for extract instead of flavoring. I don't like putting flavoring in my wine. It gives it an artificial taste.

What to do?

IF YOUR WINE ISN'T TO SWEET THEN MAYBE YOU CAN BUY A REALLY GOOD PEACH PRESERVE ,SLIGHTLY COOK IT DOWN (ENOUGH TO BRAKE DOWN THE COMPONENTS) ADD THIS STYLE FPAC TO THE JUICE,IT WILL TAKE A LITTLE LONGER TO CLEAR BUT IT WILL ADD FLAVOR ENOUGH TO NOTICE, WITHOUT DESTROYING THE OVERALL PRODUCT:br

What about adding peach pancake syrup? Or the peach coffee syrups---Monin brand comes to mind?

Back