Another New Guy

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OGrav

Reaction score
Hello all, just joined tonight. Have to admit been reading this forum for over two weeks now and still don't think I've scratched the surface. Little background on me: Got into wine and beermaking a little almost twenty years ago with hardly any references to learn from, itshowed. My neighbor was from Latvia and he had made some wine before. He knew we needed "wine yeast", though didn't know where to get it. The batch of apple cider/winestarted fine by itself, though stopped early. Later on with a source of supplies, (only 2-3 weeks wait)I attempted beer with good results and some blueberry wine that ended up sitting in the jug for months, but turned out great. Since blueberry is where I stopped, that is where I began againabout six months ago. I'll make some topic specific posts but just want to say thanks to everyone here already for all the help and experience you have shared.
LT

Welcome to the forum OGray, and by the sound of it new guy isnt justified. I havent been posting much the past few weeks.... Ive been busy trying to get my new house in order (mostly my new wine room). I hope you find this forum as enjoyable as I do.

Pete

Ahh, a wine room. Myself I've been thinking about tunneling underground to make a cellar. Under deck I'm building, or undergarage not sure which. I grew up in upstate NY where almost everyone had a nice cool, constant temp cellar, and I miss it. Here in VA I'm about three feet above sea level, one problem, the other is that I can't think of a way to get the wife out of the house for that long.
LT

Welcome OGrav..look forward to your participation in the greatest forum on the Internet.

Welcome aboard! You'll find great resources here!

BTW, Is that "Oh grav" or "Zero Gravity?"
smiley24.gif

Actually neither, I wanted to use just my initials, since that is what I usually go by, but needed four characters. I happened to have some of my wine notes nearby and just settled on Original Gravity, or Ograv for short. Seemed fitting given the forum. You are right, there is a wealth of experience here. I was just thinkinga few weeks ago that hey, I need to take some pictures andjournal this winemaking thing. This site came around at just the right time.
LT

Back