Cellar Craft Amarone--Cellar Craft International Showc

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I try to make it a practice of bottling at least 6 375ml bottles of each of my wines just for the purpose of periodic tastings to see how it is developing while the rest continues bulk aging

Waldo said:
I try to make it a practice of bottling at least 6 375ml bottles of each of my wines just for the purpose of periodic tastings to see how it is developing while the rest continues bulk aging
Waldo,
So you bottle just for tasting bottles and then again after bulk aging? How long do you like to bulk age?

Glad to here it rocks, I'll be stabilizing mine later to today right after my mad mead experiment. Happy New Year Everyone.
VPC

last night I opened a bottle of this wine that I started in August of 2005. It is amazing and continues to improve. This bottle we opened tasted like a 2001 Il Foundatori Amarone, that retails out here for close to $85 a bottle. Simply amazing wine.

My Amarone has cleared and today I racked it for bulk aging. After getting a way to small taste I've decided this may become a favorite. OMG it is good! Going to bulk age it for a year in the carboy and then transfer 5 gallons to a keg and bottle the rest in small bottles so we can taste its progress. I'll bottle the rest at the 3 year mark or so.
VPC

After tasting mine at 2yrs Iwent out and bought another kit. THIS ONE WILL BE REPRODUCED AT LEAST ANUALLY HERE, POSSIBLY MORE OFTEN AS I EXPECT IT TO DISAPEAR QUICKLY WHEN THE KIDS DISCOVERE IT.

KEITH

At age 11 months we opened a bottle to celebrate my wife's birthday. It is indeed a fine wine at this age. However, it is apparent that another 12 months is needed for this one to reach its full potential.

I just an Amarone on order. I just finished bottling 200 187ml bottles for a wedding and have a few left over. I think I will make up maybe 6 -187's of the Amarone so I will have a bit to sample as it ages.

Wade, do you mean the 187 ml? It's the size bottle that you see some of the wine 6-packs sold in. Individual servings.

I must have looked at that 3 times yesterday, you didnt edit the second part? I could have sworn it read differently yesterday but after reading almost every post on this forum and about 5 other forums the eyes do play games.

Wade, I know what you mean. After looking at a computer screen all day at work, my eyes are toast by 5PM.

Latest posts

Back