Mosti Mondiale All Juice merlot

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update on the MM masters old vines merlot - stabilized and transferred to carboy about2 weeks ago. Pulled a sample - tasted and smelled great, but the wine was still cloudy. Hopefully this will clear after a couple or rackings.

Clarifying agents were added when I stabilized and degassed it. It had quite a bit of CO2 which took some time to whip out.

MM Kits are pretty good about clearing with 72 hours after adding the fining agents. Make sure your have it fully degassed and keep it warm (at least 72)

I'm really not surprised. I have a MM Meglioli Amarone that I clarified for two weeks, never really cleared completely. So I racked and am keeping in carboy hoping it will clear some more. It has been sitting 5 weeks since last racking and is still not as clear as the other kits (8) I have done. I plan to keep it in carboy until April 2011 just for a little age not really expecting it to clarify more. It is quite acceptable as is.

Do all kits usually clear to "crystal" or are their degrees of clear?

Most every kit I have done was pretty much crystal clear after 2 weeks (using the supplied fining agents). Only one kit was as stubborn as a mule and that was my CC Showcase Viognier. Took a double dose of SuperKleer and almost 2 months to clear but it did end up crystal clear as well.

Latest posts

Back