Mosti Mondiale All juice Johannisburg Riesling

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
Started this tonight and this is the first MM for me. Directions are a little different like every one says but easy enough. The only thing that surprised me was there was no suggested starting SG range to verify with. Mine was 1.086 and not being a newbie anymore i know this is a decent SG for a white wine. Have never used these clearing agents before. How do they compare with others such as RJ Spagnols uses SuperKleer and W.E uses Isinglass. They all seem to work well with the kits but if I were to buy 1 at the store which I do I will always choose SuperKleer as It works with or without sediment.
20070907_193528_Picture.jpg

I made this as my second kit. Well third if you count my screwup with the Lambrusco.
smiley2.gif
I can't comment on how it works compared to other kits except the Millenium sparkling wine. My Reisling took a little longer to clear but cleared nicely with the provided gels. I have to say it tasted quite good. Better than the cheap Reislings I bought to top up with. I think I'll sample it tonight.

Looks delicious. I'd love to hear how this kit compares to the Selection Riesling or the VR Reisling. I assume it will have much better body.

Wade,

I think the clearing agents supplied with my two MM kits were as good
as the clearing agents supplied with the five WE kits I have made. I
have not bottled any of the MM yet so have only tasted as suggested in
the instructions. None of it smells good to me at these early stages
but the flavor holds promise.

I am thinking of starting a Reisling for drinking next summer. What do you think of the MM so far?

Cleared nicely but have not tasted as I usually dont ubtil they are done and bulk aged awhile.

Come on now wade.......You trying to convince me that you have just done your first MM kit, have taken it from fermentation to clearing and only have ONE picture !!!!!!!!
smiley36.gif

Yes, Wade, you need to post some photos. I'll be racking my Castel del Papa this weekend and will post a photo. By th way, sneak a taste at next racking and let us know how its proceeding. Edited by: dfwwino

Okay, I havent had any of this wine in forever and i sent my wifes Aunt a bottle of this along with a bottle of my RJS EP Amarone and another bottle which they have not had any of the last. They are wine snobs to a serious degree and said this Riesling was the best that they have ever had and they drink lots of wines(They live in Calif). They also loved the Amarone and compared it to a $95 bottle that they had along side to test and said it was almost as good but that commercila was 7 years old compared to my 1 year old.
smiley20.gif

Wine looks great, Ive been contemplating this one, think you might of talked me into it!

Back