Cellar Craft ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you guys

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rrawhide

Reaction score
smiley17.gif

Received my SUPER TUSCAN yesterday too and am looking forward to getting it started BUT ALAS it is only 48-52 in the winery and way toooooo cold to do anything except read the posts and dream. Someday it will be warmer warmer warmer and then and then and then - also have two other kits from George and they are all keeping each other company!!!!!! hummmmm!! Spring should be coming - - - maybe after we return from New Orleans it will be warmer. 14 of us from church are going down on a missions trip to help some of the displaced folks there for 10 days. Do not know what we will be doing yet but should be very interesting. Let you know more later -------- wish we had more time would try to find some of you all !!!
later
rrawhide
smiley2.gif

Hey rrawhide ,just wanted to thank you for helping the people down here. 2 days after the storm we started seeing people from church groups helping do every thing from muck out to bringing meals around to any one that would take them.They were the first ones to stand up and help and it brings tears to my eyes to know ya ll are still standing. -Paul Redmond

Hi Paul

Our church organization, EV Free, has sent many many teams to NO and Mississippi and others since the tragedy. This is the first time for our church, EV Free of Porterville, Ca. is heading that way. We have 14 going - 6 couples and 2 singles. We sure are looking forward to this. People seem to forget after 2 years there is still more to do than has been done. I guess thousands of homes were affected. The first 2 days we will be out of Trinity Church in Covington and then down to NO at the Castle Rock Community Church where we will be dispatched from. No idea what we will be doing but we will be doing something for sure. later. Rick

I see a new Wine makers gone wild video coming out and RRawhide is coming back with beaded necklaces!

Hi
Mississippi Mud -----------------

How are you and hope you are all back into the 'finished house' with nothing to do except whine - meaning wine!!!!

My Super Tuscan is just sitting there - in the box - just looking at me. It is still in the 50-60s here - just a little cold to start. I did start the Viognier though to see what that would do. Started 4/3 at 1.085 and it is now 1.048. Seems to be a little slow and the yeast is just some minor little bubbles coming up from the depths. The winery stays about 58-60. But, the weather report says it will be warming up soon. I have the Super Tuscan and 2 others to start. How and what are you doing? Stay in touch. Thanx for the inquiry.
rrawhide
rick

Whine is rightEmma(our first baby)is so sweet from9 to 5 but after that all bets are off.From 10 pm until 5 am she becomes something different some thing scary and strange I think its called a real baby. Shes is 4 weeks old and loves jacuzzi baths and clean dippers every 30 minuts.

Christy is doing amazing with her I try all the usual tricks and when they don't work mama takes charge. thank goodness for mamas.

I have found a little time for some wine also 2 on deck (started yesterday)white merlot and a pinot grigio.Two weeks agowe bought a flat and a half of those dark red ponchatoula louisiana strawberries and I now have 5 gals of some vary delicious wine. We also tried rice wine which is not bad but still has a haze to it. I used pectic enzyme but think its the starch from the rice I'll let it sit a couple of weeks and see what she does. If you would like to try the strawberry pm meyour address.
Paul

Do you have a brew belt or heating pad of some kind? I have used both of those things to help with the lack of heat in my basement in Idaho and was able to make wine all winter long, successfully.
Here's a link to another cool solution from another user on the forum:
http://www.finevinewines.com/wiz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3365

JimCook gets the credit for this and used with towels wrapped around the carboy, acting as blankets for the wine in the carboy I was successful in getting temperatures up, too.

I hope that helps you out so you can start that kit.

Latest posts

Back