Advice on SS Fermentation Stand

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jetpilot007

Reaction score
I just purchased 2 Marchisio SS 100 liter fermentation tanks. They did not come with stands. I am trying to figure out what kind of stand I can create or buy.

I went to Lowes today and they had sturdy wooden saw horses that can hold up to 1000 pounds of weight. I figure I purchase 2 of these and some thick sturdy wood planks and that should do it.

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated!

I would be a bit concerned about the stability of such an arrangement. Are you at all handy? If it were me, I would build a sturdy platform out of 2x4's, held together with 2.5" screws. At the least, if you build it your way out of sawhorses and planks, I would screw the planks to the sawhorses, and put some gussets between the planks and the sawhorse crossmembers to prevent the planks from being able to move.

While the saw horses can hold the weight, make sure the wood planks can hold the weight too. At that point, you might as well make it all out of wood. Another thought might be iron pipe. don't know how much that would cost you.

How much it is to buy a stand from the company?

My supplier didn't have any in stock. But you are right I need to research type of wood to use that will support the weight of the tanks

is there a general all purpose stand that I can purchase? Something that I can improvise with?:fsh

ImageUploadedByWine Making1416880665.592970.jpgthis is what I made outta scrap for a buddy of mine,his pallet jack fits right under

Latest posts

Back