add cinnimon sticks?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donatelo

Reaction score
I'm wondering what the effects would be to add a stick of cinnamon to the must. Has anyone done this? If so, what was the result?

Depends on what wine you are making. Apple wine takes cinnamon very well.

For my 6 gallon batches of apple wine from cider I'll add 2 sticks for 2 months of the batch aging. There is a hint of cinnamon in the wine when done this way but I've no idea if anything would come through if sticks were added at primary. Hey, try it and let us know!

If I was going to add any spice to a wind I would first want to know what chsractistics the wine had if that doesn't matter then I would desolve 1 teaspoon in a cup of he base wine and add it to the base.then process as usual if I were us stick's then I would leave them hole and place them in the secondary for at least 2 mos. That's what I might do.

Adding fpacs can be fun learning is how we grow to enjoy this craft.

I considered Apple from cider. We have a very good supplier here locally. I also thought aout the Dragon's Blood recipe and add oak chips or cubes (no cinnamon).

Why not a pino nior could work nicely or a pino grigio either one has possibility.

I considered Apple from cider. We have a very good supplier here locally. I also thought aout the Dragon's Blood recipe and add oak chips or cubes (no cinnamon).
Apple wine from cider turns out very well. If you go this route add the cinnamon and a little bit of ginger, the two compliment each other in an Apple wine very well.

you could create a winter wine ...

Attachments

• 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 29
Back