Acid in wines

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fly*guy

Reaction score
Can someone lead me to a reliable www page that can talk me through the reason for watching the acid level in wines and its significants. I don't mean to seem </font>ignorant on the subject... it happens that I am</font> on this one
smiley4.gif
smiley4.gif
I know that acid exists in all fruits and veggies, but I want to understand it completely before I take on scratch wines this summer. So far I have kits which are already balanced, (or so I'm told), so i haven't concerned myself over it yet. But this summer when local fruits get easy to aquire I want to no what to have on hand and what to do about the results I get. I'm looking for info that tells me what readings to have before I start fermentation and after and anywhere else I need to watch the acid levels.
Guadet.... I understand from some of the other posts that you make all of your wines from scratch, my apologizes if this is incorrect, can you help me on this one?
smiley14.gif

I dont know of any pages for this but can tell you that a very high or very low acid wine will be unstable for cellaring and either taste flat with not enough or very tart with too much acid.

Latest posts

Back