A wine question, kinda ...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrishattich

Junior
Reaction score
Sorry that this is a little off topic for the forum but I couldn't find a more suitable spot for it and I appreciate the awesome wine brains around here to offer quality advice.

I make wine and beer and cider often. My girlfriend, however, doesn't drink but I'd still like to make something that she'd enjoy. She really enjoys some of the fancy non-alcoholic grape juices (made from traditional wine varietals) offered by some of the wineries here in the Napa Valley. I have access to some Pinot Noir grapes and would love to make and bottle some Rose-looking, non-cooked, non-alcoholic grape juice for her.

I can figure out the basic process ... destem ... crush ... a little time on their skins for color and flavor ... press/strain ... settle and rack to clarify. My question though is preservation and how to prevent fermentation with so much sugar involved. Any thoughts ?

I have made grape soda before using forced carbonation..
Very simple...

1) crush/press your juice.
2) add an appropriate amount of k-meta
3) seal 4 gallons in a 5 gallon cornelious keg.
4) pump up with 30 to 40 lbs of CO2,
5) refrigerate for 4 weeks or so.

Turned out yummy. The non-drinkers and kids loved it. you may need to pour out a cup of two due to sediment, but it runs clear after a while

Back