A Trail of Charred Vines and Broken Dreams: Napa Vintners Assess Damage as Glass Fire Continues to Threaten Wineries

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see this sort of thing repeatedly. I do not understand why they don't pay more attention to fire prevention. How much does it take to have a fireproof space around the property and vineyard. Fireproof roofing and siding on the buildings. Fire resistant landscaping. Mow between vines to keep flammable grass very short. Water reservoir just for fire and a sprinkler system.

I live in the mountains. There's been 3 fires that came very close. My house, out buildings, vineyard and orchard all have clear space, weeds and grass mowed down. All are steel roofed and basically fire resistant siding. 5000 gallons of water and a gas powered high pressure fire pump. It's just common maintenance and a $2500 investment in the tank and pump system

They use to do it then the green thing happened and no more cutting under brush , then nature did her thing and that’s a fact .
What ever happen to water desalinization plants ??

Back