A Quick & Easy How to Use EC-1118 for 1st Fruitwine Batch - Please !

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@ Arne

....... that was exactly the answer I was looking for - Thank You !

Now I have to figure out what to do with it.

I'll let you all in on the details how it worked out.

I have to admit that when I started this batch; I had a little bit to much of Wine, the sugar content went up and my guess is that I'm now at about 15 -18 %, still working on the fining though.

Thanks to all of you - I really do appreciate it ...!...

....... I racked it of the primary and added the Sparkolloid - It cleared faster than expected.

Racked it again and added Kmeta, but no Sorbate yet because I thought it wasn't in need for more sugar.

The way I understand, the Sorbate is only needed for back sweeten and this can be done later as well if necessary - Is this correct ?

After I had a little taste, I felt a little sizzling on my tongue and I guess this must be CO2.

I gave it a good whirl after adding the Kmeta and put the airlock on again and will check again in a couple of days and whirl it again to degas if necessary.

Hopefully I didn't make to many mistakes.

If anyone think I did, please let me know.

Thanks again for all the help I received from this forum - Cheers .......

Last edited:
....... just to let you guys know - The Pineapple Wine made from juice is exceptionally nice !

I couldn't have done it without the help from you nice people - Thank you.

It's a recommendation for anyone who like to try the Skeeter Pee recipe with something else other than RealLemon.

Very strong on the alcohol level, taste smell and color are just perfect.

Next on the menu is a Wine made from Rosselle flowers extract - I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again to all of you .......

Last edited:
....... the wine I made from Roselle extract which I did myself also worked out nicely for a red.

30865daa12cf71712d8d2008df7295d8.jpg

Having a batch going from Passion Fruit Juice right now and wonder how this goes.

Anyway, I'll stick to the Skeeterpee recipe from the YouTube video and have the feeling it will work with a lot of different kind of fruit juices.

Thanks again to everybody .......

Back