90 bottles in three hours

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trashy

Reaction score
Yes, we had help!

We had our own little bottling party over here last night. Lots of food and drinking and hilarity ensued. And we even managed to get the wine bottled without too much spillage. Didn't even break any glass! And only the occasional minor problem (see picture)

Interestingly enough the most popular wine for those taking home a complimentary bottle was the Blueberry Pinot Noir, which is just as well as it is *VERY* sweet, almost syrupy. I can't wait to try some with blueberry pie!

20070722_101528_oops.jpg

Mmmmmmmm... Blueberry pie in a glass - yummy! Seriously I hope it isn't extremely sweet. I just started one today. I will have to try it - adding a little F-Pack at a time. I really don't want it too sweet. I end up giving it all away when it gets too sweet.

Glad you had fun.
smiley4.gif

appleman said:
Mmmmmmmm... Blueberry pie in a glass - yummy! Seriously I hope it isn't extremely sweet. I just started one today.

We added extra sugar, with the intent of getting extra alcohol content.

Waldo said:
Wuz ya stuffing marshmellows in em there trashy?
smiley36.gif
One of the volunteers somehow managed to tweak a cork in halfway and then bend it over. I think this is the origin of the "do not operate machinery" warning label!

What other batches did you bottle? Sounds like everyone had a good time.

wade said:
What other batches did you bottle? Sounds like everyone had a good time.

Oh, I forgot - also bottled the Amarone (yum!) and the Gewurtztraminer (which I'm sure I tasted but can't remember)

The dancing was fun and I amazed and entertained the crowd by singing along with my favorite hip-hop dance tunes.

wade said:
Hip-Hop trashy, some how I dought that you drank that much!
smiley36.gif
Actually that doesn't require drinking - I listen to it all the time perfectly sober.
smiley3.gif

An update:

Italian Amarone - yummy! Nice, strong aroma and slight taste of banana. I really like this kit!

Trashy I have not tried that 1 as of yet but have never heard anything but good things about the Amarone.

Trashy:
Do you happen to remember how much sugar you added?

I'm about to pick this one up...I'm now thinking I'll add 3lbs of blueberries and some additional sugar....I want something medium in the sweetness catagory.

Latest posts

Back