7 Ways to Make Bad Wine Drinkable

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
#8. work like heck to find out why the wine is undrinkable, learn your lesson, and dump the wine out on you front lawn while vowing to never let this happen again..... life is too short to drink bad wine.

Really, the easiest way to drink bad wine is to lower the standards of your pallet. Try drinking 5+ drinks before you open the wine and drink the bottle by then.... I doubt you will care too much.

Only trouble with this method is that the wine might end up tasting worse on the way up the next day than down the night before.

Try drinking 5+ drinks before you open the wine and drink the bottle by then.... I doubt you will care too much.

My number 1 would have been, "Start with the good stuff, then move onto the cheap stuff after you've had a few."

Say you wanted a decently strong drink, and you had some rather gross wine on your shelf, and little cash on hand.
would you consider freeze distilling it and drinking it by the oz?

I know it's acceptable with ciders, or sugar wines but would you consider a harsh red? I'm thinking it would be pretty bad taste but buzz wise, could be worth a try...

The umami is an interesting comment, since there are umami-rich liquid flavorings available. I wonder if they could be used as an adulterant? But I doubt it, since most include some kind of fish. I wonder if mushrooms can be added to a carboy of bad wine and improve it before bottling? It raises interesting questions.

Say you wanted a decently strong drink, and you had some rather gross wine on your shelf, and little cash on hand.
would you consider freeze distilling it and drinking it by the oz?

I know it's acceptable with ciders, or sugar wines but would you consider a harsh red? I'm thinking it would be pretty bad taste but buzz wise, could be worth a try...

I know you're new and want to tell you discussion of distilling on this site is verboten due to laws of the state where the server is. At least that's what they told me.

Latest posts

Back