6th Annual MVWS Wine Competition

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha, Bob won both winemaker and best of show? I could have sworn he announced at the meeting last year that it was his last competition because he was going commercial.

I did modest from what I saw. Entered more wines this year and did a bit worse than last year. 1 silver medal, but that was it. Interested to see the notes. Also interested to see what I hear from WineMaker Mag, as last year I had a medal from that for a wine that got atrocious ratings at MVWS.

Got Lucky I Guess

There were some awesome wines entered this year. Yes, this is my last year entering the competition. Hopefully, I will get my state license in a couple months and will officially be commercial. It has taken a while to get everything in order to be commercial. I was hoping I was already there by this competition but that did not happen.

Breaking through

THIS WAS THE CONTEST LAST YEAR THAT MY BOTTLES GOT CRUSHED BY:( UPS,BUT NOT THIS YEAR THEY MADE IT AND WE TOOK TWO SILVERS OUT OF THREE ENTERS . :sm COFFEE PORT AND CRANBERRY MALBEC, TUFF JUDGEING...........:slp SEE YOU NEXT YEAR...............................:br

I have to toot my horn a little bit. My wife and I entered 11 wines in this competition and received medals on 10 of them. 1 gold, 4 silver, 5 bronze. I couldn't do it without my faithful assistant /wife helping and tasting.

The one that surprised me the most was getting a silver and just missing a gold on a grapefruit wine I made on a dare from my wife. It turned out really well, I thought.

Last edited:
Ah, very good Bob! Good luck to ya. I was hoping things were just delayed a bit and not canceled. Let us know when you're up and going and we'll organize a trip out there one day to visit!

THIS WAS THE CONTEST LAST YEAR THAT MY BOTTLES GOT CRUSHED BY:( UPS,BUT NOT THIS YEAR THEY MADE IT AND WE TOOK TWO SILVERS OUT OF THREE ENTERS . :sm COFFEE PORT AND CRANBERRY MALBEC, TUFF JUDGEING...........:slp SEE YOU NEXT YEAR...............................:br

Great job Joe,

Yep Bob the medals are great this year. Better than I deserve. :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Wine Making mobile app

Rotary club hammomton nj

3/29/2014 : The Hammonton rotary club had it's 9 th armature wine tasting contest,Judges all are members of the Dionysian society.

all are accredited judges.8 TOTAL.:wy

professional judges ,done the day before the contest: 1ST place coffee port 2012

2nd place caramel port
1ST place cranberry Malbec 2011
3rd place valpolicella 2009
peoples choice, this is were the event gets fun, the events and contestants get a chance to vote on the wine in a blind tasting format and vote on the wines for best of show and winners
in the individual categories'. 1ST place valpolicella 2009 (((I cracked the nut )))

all in all it is a hard nut to crack these people stick together and no there wines, more than that they know each others wines , lots of all the categories' 190 entrées in total to chose from and good food as well, tons of door prizes and such, of course your buying tickets throughout the night( raffles) are there way of doing good ,Hammonton township is tight and a good place to live in this state ,orchard farm country, yet a small but tight city formation.it was a good evening.
some of the pics are duplicated ,sorry...

IMG_20140330_113404074 - Copy (2) - Copy (6) - Copy.jpg

IMG_20140330_113648142.jpg

IMG_20140330_113404074 - Copy (5) - Copy (2) - Copy.jpg

IMG_20140330_113505280_HDR - Copy.jpg

IMG_20140330_113437573_HDR - Copy (5) - Copy.jpg

IMG_20140330_113404074 - Copy - Copy (2) - Copy.jpg

IMG_20140330_113437573_HDR - Copy (2) - Copy.jpg

IMG_20140330_113427121 - Copy (5) - Copy (2).jpg

IMG_20140330_113456384_HDR - Copy.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back