6 Gallon Vadai Barrel - Neutral

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnd

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As part of my planned consolidation of winemaking activities, I’ve been weaning off of my smaller barrels in favor of getting one large barrel per season. As a result, I have a neutral 6 gallon Vadai barrel and stand that I’ve no further use for. It’s a few years old, neutral as mentioned, in good shape, doesn’t leak, and has had wine with MLB in it, so it’s not fit for aging kit wines. The barrel was just emptied and is sitting with sulfite water in it and is ready for a different life.

If you are interested, please send me a private message. I’m not selling it, it is free, it’s my gift back to the sport, and I will ship it anywhere in the US.

As part of my planned consolidation of winemaking activities, I’ve been weaning off of my smaller barrels in favor of getting one large barrel per season. As a result, I have a neutral 6 gallon Vadai barrel and stand that I’ve no further use for. It’s a few years old, neutral as mentioned, in good shape, doesn’t leak, and has had wine with MLB in it, so it’s not fit for aging kit wines. The barrel was just emptied and is sitting with sulfite water in it and is ready for a different life.

If you are interested, please send me a private message. I’m not selling it, it is free, it’s my gift back to the sport, and I will ship it anywhere in the US.

Team player all the way, very nice offer John. Someone is going to be very appreciative.

I bet @ceeaton would love that. Nice offer John.
I would love it, it was a really nice offer, but I don't have a good way nor the money this Spring to spend on a rig to test my SO2, otherwise I would have jumped on it!

I've been toying with ordering a new one from Fred, but I think I need to clean up my cellar a bit and get all of this wine off the floor before I start "dancing" with barrels. I even have the place planned out where I'd put them (near a floor drain) when I do. RIght now a platform (N guage trains) needs to be ripped apart to uncover the drain (and make room for the wine racks).

Back