2nd harvest of muscadine grapes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toddrod

Reaction score
As I have stated in as previous thread, I did not harvest musch muscadine grapes this year due to the drought. Since I had picked all the grapes I decided to do some summer pruning and cut back all the long branches so it would be easier for me to cut the grass. That was 2 weeks ago and I have been working lots of extra days since this then. Today I go out to check my vines and discover that the new sprouts from where I cut them are putting on a new batch of fruit. This will be more than the 1st batch if they are able to ripen before the leaves drop. These are all on my 2 Ison vines. I might be able to make another batch of muscadine if I am lucky.

I noticed the same on mine. I have been trimming them back to give the vines more growth. The vines from Isons are really good vines.

Farther north you'd have to worry about the vines not having time to recover from fruit production to harden off for winter.

Latest posts

Back