2015 Elderberries

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would but my freezer is so full between the berries,and grapes and I raise quail and have a freezer full of those and other game pluss all my garden produce so I need to start a batch of wine this weekend in a bad way ha ha

Go to the elderberry part of my webpage and see much easier ways to pick and sort elderberries. My favorite now is a bakers cooling rack over a bucket, scrape the berries over the rack into the bucket then use cold water to float bugs, stems and unripe berries out of the bucket - the ripe berries have a higher SG than the water so they sink, unripe berries lower SG so they float. WVMJ

I have got to thank you for the advice on the cooling rack! I used to use a hair pick, but I used your idea this last Sunday on 30 lbs. of berries and was really impressed with how easy and fast it was! Dale.

Actually none of them are my ideas, people just gave us tips on how to make harvesting elderberries easy and put them all in one place. If you guys get enough try drying some, its a different and I think even richer taste. WVMJ

Latest posts

Back