RJ Spagnols 2011 Hang Ten

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is how the Hang Ten will look.
20110321_105653_RJScruSelect201.jpg

20110321_105725_RJScruSelect201.jpg

Can't wait, I've booked this one at FVW but haven't heard yet? Looks like aCellar Craft two oak process (quality oak cubes and the primary oak even looks better) and the grapepack looks bigger than the GC International kits I've made in the past, Looks like the same sizeas theCS Ripassa I've made. Is that Metatartaric acid for acid crystal suspension? almost En Primeurquality?

Bacci said:
Looks like aCellar Craft two oak process (quality oak cubes and the primary oak even looks better)
In the past, RJS has recommended that all oak be put into the primary. Some folks have rinsed the cubes and added them to the carboy for secondary ferment. Others have done as you suggest, and not add the cubes until later.

Steve

I'm happy for you but your killing me !!!!!!!!! Wish i had this on deck, i am really pondering the brunello i tell you!!!!!!!!

Talked with FVW they will be start shipping on the 28th. I added a 10 gal fermenter to my order. Looking forward in making this kit as it will be my first RJ Spangnols.

I'll get mine soon, no hurries since I don't have a spare carboy right now. My Bottling Day isn't till Labor Daywith 4 full carboys bulk aging. Let us know how fermentation goes...

Latest posts

Back