2008 bottling

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
smiley17.gif
Thats only a matter of distance the ups trucks run all the time and for what I read theres enough people here to exchange after the holidays,you my fine wino friend are truly not alone!!
smiley4.gif
Edited by: joeswine

James: Having wines that may not be aged enough is no reason to not exchange that particular wine. I have many bottles from various people on this board that have not aged enough. Either they told me it needs aging, or I just figured it would be better with age. It's actually nice to walk by my rack and see something that Waldo, JW or Wade has made, but I know that the wine would benifit with some age. I have a bottle of Wades Pear wine that I think is going on a year old, I forgot when he sent it.

That why I posted Rule #2. I have sent Wade a bottle of Old Vines Zin that he was "Suppose" to age for a year or two................ That didn't happen........... Now I have a Bottle in a box with his address on it and a date....... 2009...... thats when I mail it to him
smiley36.gif

jobe05//have the same rack in my space holds about twelve bottles and not one are mine ,sometimes when the cellar dwellars get tohether ,I pull one out and we see who sent it and its vintage,some are tw0 to three years old some are last seasons but they all came for people who's passion is making wine,////////jp///and thats what counts///
smiley2.gif

I had a freind give me a bottle of red wine a few years ago that was already aged a year. Not being a red drinker that much, I put it on my rack and actually forgot about it for another year. The only reason I remembered it, was because we were talking and he said he had to make another kit because his was all gone, and it was good. So with over 2 years in the bottle, I tried it one night and it was awesome! It was a Lodi, Old vines Zin. Mine is now about 5 months in the bottle and what I have on the shelf is almost gone............ But I have some stashed for safe aging.

I also have a bottle of Sand Burr Wine from Jack Keller........ I have had it for over 2 years, maybe 3 now. Wonder how that would taste?

jobe ,what is sand burr wine?looking forward to the new year ,lots to bottle remember that's how this topic started I'll try to get my space in picture form and post it,as NW asked as soon as I can need help to do that but it will be done.Would like to send you a bottle of my 2005 rassberry wine ,but don't know where to sent it to?
smiley3.gif
//jp

Thanks Joe, I would love to try your Raspberry wine, but I'd like to wait till after the first of the year if thats alright? With every thing thats going on right now......

I made a 3 gallon batch of raspberry about 3 years ago with a 96oz can of vintners Harvest.... and I must have done something wrong because it didn't come out that good. It still in the bottle downstairs, I haven't had the nerve to try it yet.

How long have you been bulk aging you wines that your getting ready to bottle? If you lived closer I could help you out with the bottles, Lord knows I have enough of them, I wish someone on the board could use them.

Edit: Wow.... I just went back and looked at what you getting ready to bottle, Your gong to need more than 500 bottles for all that........... How great is that. What is "fracasti"? I have never heard of that. I take it from most of your wines, that your a white, of dry wine drinker?
Edited by: jobe05

Jobe, the Pear is Sept. 06 and is it 09 yet as Im thirsty for some Zin!
smiley36.gif
I still have all the other bottles except for 1 small bottle of your Port that we had for Thanksgiving. Sorry about the Zin but I have very little rec wine in stock and commercials are getting expensive plus i need to taste some as i need to know what I want to make and thats up next after i pick up the Super Tuscan and the Rosso Grande Excellente on Sat. Forgive me Jobe as I have Zinned!

wade said:
Forgive me Jobe as I have Zinned!

LOL........ that was funny...............
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

After the first of the year, I'll get another package ready for ya..........

I too had a bottle last week, First one! It is aging very well and is quite good right now. I have spread the word to everyone that is getting me something for Christmas, that another CC kit would be the best gift I could think of. That would but 30 more bottle on the shelf that could possibly get some more age on it.

You drank the so-so bottle of Port, you should have put the good bottle away for aging....... I do have 750ML bottles too....... I don't think anyone has seen those....
smiley36.gif

Edited by: jobe05

You drank the so-so bottle of Port, you should have put the good bottle away for aging.

What do you mean? you gave me 2 of the older 1's and 1 newer 1. I drank 1 of the older 1's and will not toch the others for many years.
15_4_111.gif
12_13_10.gif

JoBe05//FRASCATI< is a white it's origin is from just a little north of Rome,italy this product when finished is like most itialian whites ,light in taste,crisp to the mouth ,slite aroma of pears and citrus very refreshing on the back side.,WHITE wines make up 40% of all the wines produced in italty,of course the balance and biggest proporstion is reds,I will mail you something of interest after the holidays on the subject from our wine club,I guess I need to have you experience my italian side of my wine cellar,I'll add a frescati to the rassberry,be my pleasure
smiley20.gif

Latest posts

Back