1st wild berry batch

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wine-o-Dale

Junior
Reaction score
hey everyone, I have a couple of questions on a batch I just started today. I thought I found black Raspberry at the campground I'm at, but I actually think they are bosenberries from looking at pictures anyway. I had about 2.5 lbs of bosenberries and about 1.5 lbs of blueberry, so I mixed the two. We will see. I just squeezed them together and put about 2 1/2 lbs of sugar in and the starting SG is at 1.095 right now. Have to wait until tomorrow to start to ferment. I put campden tablets in, yeast nutrient, grape tanin and acid blend. The test for acid seemed low (any suggestions?). The acid test.. I used .75 cc of chemical before color changed which would mean its at .1875... correct? (.75 X .25)???? which I believe is really too low. Could that be correct even with adding 2 tsp spoons of acid blend? I have about 1.5 gallons of liquid.

1. How do you know how much water to add? Is there a rule of thumb? or do you just have to balance SG reading with acid. I'm thinking I may have added too much.

2. Acid level? shouldn't it be about .60 or so?

I'm in the 24 hour waiting period for camden tablets to work.

I think you added 7.5mls and not .75mls, go back and check your syringe and see where t he marks are. 4lb of berries at 1.095 is fine, dont add anymore water. Crackedcork

Latest posts

Back