1st time peach

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jekern1015

Reaction score
I picked a whole bunch of peaches off our tree over the weekend and pitted and quartered them. I then built a press for them and juiced the peaches. I ended up with just under 3 gallons of juice. I transferred into a 3 gallon carboy and added 3 campden tablets to the juice. I crushed the tablets and sprinkled and then stirred into the juice. I topped with a bung and airlock. There was a violent reaction as the next morning the airlock was filled with peach sediment and other gases so much so as to have it spilled over and collect in the bung, is this normal? I cleaned the airlock and the juice is still releasing gases. Last night was my 24 hours after adding the campden tablets. Do I weight until the gasses are done being released before adding my yeast nutrient and then the yeast, or is it okay to add them now.

Ferment in a food grade bucket with a loose fitting lid. Stir a few times a day. If you want you can rack all contents to a carboy @ gravity 1.000 but not necessary. Should be thru fermenting in a week. Racy to clear.

You can add nutrient and yeast 12-24 hours after adding Pectic enzyme. Add Pectic enzyme 12-24 hours after Camden tablets.

Latest posts

Back