WineXpert 1st Kit underway!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pkcook said:
I've made 7 gallons of the welches white grape/peach. The last batch (6 gallon) I made using5.5 gallons of juice in the bottle andboostedwith4 cans of frozen concentrate white grape/peach in place of some of the sugar. It gave the batch much more peach flavor than my 1 gallon trial batch! It is one of my favorites, and one that I will make again! I fermented it to dry and bottled 5 bottles dry, 10 bottles semi-sweet, and 15 bottles dessert style.
smiley9.gif
I love them all!

pkcook,

For those of us that are measurement challenged (and being a newbie to all this, to boot!), how much sugar did you put in and what SG did you start at?

Thanks.

The 1 gallon recipe stated 1 1/4 lb, but I added 4 cans of frozen concentrate. I initially put in 5 lbs of sugar, then added in 1/2 cup increments until I got 1.095 SG. I looked at my notes and I didn't write down how many additional cups I added, but I believe it was about another lb. Sorry I couldn't be more specific
smiley19.gif
. I have to say this is one of the best wines I've made and very easy too.

Thanks. Worth a shot to play with it. I'm still collecting recipes for everything I want to try!

The clearing on this wine is very fast due the clear juice you begin with. The flavor is a strong peachy flavor. I really like it with a light salad or fruit. I tend to favor the sweeter dessert type than the dry or semi-sweet.

Latest posts

Back