15 Gal. MiniBrew

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank&Rita

Reaction score
After walking around this for 4 months in the kitchen I finally started a gerwertcheraminer (two kits) or something like that today!! I made the yeast catcher with a 12oz jelly jar with a bulkhead fitting in a plastic top and a thin gasket.

20081120_200518_CIMG1879_Medium.JPG

This is my first time using it, it's a test, hoping to be able to not have to go to a carboy and filter right out of the upper spicot. I put the jar on to be able to leave the valve open as other owners said the yeast gets stuck in the valve. I'll keep everyone informed, but I don't think it will work with reds that have oak and other floaties in them. I plan to use it for beer as soon as the test is over.

I just realized who frank and rita are..

Great looking equipment as usual
smiley1.gif

Frank, thats a pretty nice fermenter. I have thought about getting one of those. Keep us posted to how it works out.

First thing i know now is you need to buy the gasket for it, when I opened it to stablize and fine there was a small fly in the juice!! I dumped the yeast jar 3 times, after stablizing I put a blanket of CO2 back on top, hopefully it worked OK.

20081208_083057_yeast_Medium.JPG

The Minibrew is a big disapointment, to hard to clean, the valves trap crud inside them, I brewed a beer and have gone back to 7.8 gallon primary's faster and easier to clean. The $300 test is over, more junk for the wine room...

Thanks for the info. It keeps me from needing one. SO.. You could say that you saved me $300.oo

Latest posts

Back