WineXpert Limited Edition Australian Grenache Rose

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geek

Still lost.....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never made this kit, limited edition, and want to get some feedback.
A search here found almost no mention of this kit.

Not sure if dry or off-dry...

They say "barely off dry" so expect it to stop around 0.999 or so.

Rose wines are usually made from a red varietal with limited contact to the skins, depriving the juice of much of its red color. Sometimes its a blend with a white grape.

Since it's a limited edition, you'll likely never see it in production again (which is why you can't find any info on it). LE kits are usually limited because they don't have enough demand to keep them in production or the source of juice has some limit.

I don't know the answer to your question, but I would *imagine* there is a small f-pack to accomplish even "barely off-dry". I definitely have my eye on this kit as I love a good dry (and probably "barely off-dry") rose. I found a few retailers with info on this kit and that pre-orders are required before Feb. 27th, but there is no info on winexpert.com or their facebook page or Tim's blog, so I don't even know when it is supposed to be due out (mid-March? April?). They must be taking the winter off!

Where did you hear about this one?

Like byathread, I love a good dry to off-dry rose - especially in the warmer months. I'd be tempted to make this if an opportunity arises to buy it.

Well, I really shouldn't have. But I did. I used discount code "firstorder10%" I found in another post and got $8 off for a total of $100 shipped.

Worked for me. $89 shipped. Shipping was less for this kit than it was for the WE SA Shiraz Cabernet.

I contacted WinExpert about release dates and was told it will be available in the Canadian market in March, and may take "a little more time" to reach the US. I assume that means late March-early April.

Latest posts

Back