You Texas folks will likely understand!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I may be a poor judge of texmex (being a Yankee and all) but the food was sure good!

Umm, why would 'us Texas folks' understand? I've tried goat once, but didn't care for it much. Too tough and stringy as I recall (it's been 15-20 years). A few Mexican restaurants offer it, but I can count the number I have seen around Dallas on one hand. I can't say I know anyone that likes goat, other than yourself, which is great - why Blueberry wine in particular? But what's the Texas reference about? :a1

Texas is the #1 state for goat meat production in the U.S. It has the largest goat herd in the country.

Tennessee, where I live, is #2.

Most goat meat is processed for retail sale in and around Hershey, Pa., by the way. It then goes to the Northeastern markets, where demand is highest in the U.S. due to the ethnic populations.

I kept a herd of 40-50 goats on my farm for 20 years. Sold them last spring, so we're beef cattle only now. There's nothing like knowing for a fact what is in what you're eating because it came from your own place.

Last edited:
Back