Yeast under microscope

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scotty, I used to work for a company that specialized in microbiological control in industry, and knew all of the stains and what worked best with what, but that was 10 years ago and I just don't remember. I think the blue stain mentioned above is methylene blue.

The company I worked for back then used to have a section of their website called Micro101 that had hundreds of photomicrographs. I was going to post you a link, but when I went to look that section was no longer on the website.

I would check with a local college biology department for info.

Thanks pete
I have opted to buy a microscope with more magnification options but without the digital camer adaptor. The price will be the same. The company includes some prepared slides and blank slides with it. Also they sell a couple of beginner kits for staining and for intro to micro biology.

I believe i will order the microscope in a week or 2 and then the digital camera in a month or two.

So far thats the plan
smiley1.gif

I always appreciate help.

BTW pete there is a possibility that we will be moving the arkansas smoke out to western tennessee next september

Lord willin and the krik dont run dry

Latest posts

Back