yeast nutrient ?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grizzlyi99

Junior
Reaction score
I HAD STARTED MAKING MY FIRST BATCH EVER OF STRAWBERRY KIWI WINE. IN THE RECIPE I USED IT CALLED FOR SOMETHING CALLED SUPER YEAST FERMENTOR. I DID NOT REALIZE AT THE TIME THAT THIS WAS THERE WAY OF SAYING TO ADD A YEAST NUTRIENT.I HAVE ALREADY DONE THE PRIMARY FERMENTATION AND ADDED THE MUST TO MY SECONDARY FERMENTOR WITHOUT ADDING ANY YEAST NUTRIENT. MY QUESTION IS: CAN I ADD THE NUTRIENT DIRECTLY TO THE SECONDARY FERMENTOR, ADD IT WHEN I RACK THE MUST IN THREE WEEKS, OR IS IT TOO LATE TO ADD IT AT ALL? ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.Edited by: grizzlyi99

What is the SG now? Welcome Grizzly, We are here to answer all questions at almost any time of the day. Is this your first wine?

Edited by: wade

You can absolutely add it now! I just didnt want you adding it if it was almost done.

grizzly,

I think you meant 1.009 if you already transferred to a carboy and if the primary went ok I would say adding nutrient now isn't really needed since the fermentation is almost complete.

I HAD JUST TRANSFERRED TO THE CARBOY YESTERDAY EVENING. MY ORGINAL SG WAS 1.060. I ADDED SUGAR TO BRING IT UP TO 1.090 AS PER THE DIRECTIONS I HAD FOR MAKING THIS WINE.AM I DOING SOMETHING WRONG HERE?

No...sorry bout that and yes please go ahead it now as wade said....I didn't know you were doing a chapitalization in the secondary.

masta said:
No...sorry bout that and yes please go ahead it now as wade said....I didn't know you were doing a chapitalization in the secondary.

Whats he doing in the secondary???
smiley3.gif
smiley29.gif

Is that Legal?

Thats going to be very high output fuel your making. Where did you get
this recipe. This is not going to be a early drinking wine. It is going
to have to age to mellow out that ABV%.

chapitalization= just a fancy word for adding sugar to grape must during fermentation

I threw that out there to see if I would get a response...thanks jobe05
smiley4.gif

Huh, I must have read right through it without even noticing. I had to
go back to see what the h$%^ you were talking about! Trying to trip us
up huh !
smiley36.gif

Back