Would you consider this kit?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thig

Reaction score
I got into wine making too late to pre-order this year. I want to make the RJ Spagnols Coffee Port Style. I have found one for sale by a wine making shop. If they are pre-order I don't know why they have it unless it just didn't get picked up.

Would you be concerned with buying this kit. I would like to buy now and start the first week of January.

Go for it. Many syores order a few extra on popular kits as that.

Just a few weeks ago, I purchased a LR Cellar Craft kit that was released earlier this year. I won't be starting it for a couple more days, but I had no hesitation buying it. I think as long as its less than a year old, you have few, if any, worries.

Actually the store I was looking at now says they are "out of stock", they just forgot to update their web site. So, I am still looking. Maybe I will find one that still some left over in stock.

Actually the store I was looking at now says they are "out of stock", they just forgot to update their web site. So, I am still looking. Maybe I will find one that still some left over in stock.
I picked one of these up from George at Wine Makers Toy Store when he was closing them out. It came in second in the last winemaker amateur competition.
It think it will be really good drink for after dinner. I really hope you can find one.

I picked one of these up from George at Wine Makers Toy Store when he was closing them out.

I found a dealer that had 8 in stock so I ordered one. Have you made this port already? It would be nice to have someone to bounce questions off of if you don't mind.

We have some left on hand! and some of the Orange Chocolate port and Caramel port kits.

Sorry, I wish I had known an hour ago. I have already ordered and received a confirmation. I will check your site first next time. Thanks.

I found a dealer that had 8 in stock so I ordered one. Have you made this port already? It would be nice to have someone to bounce questions off of if you don't mind.
I have a chocolate hazelnut port I am still working on. Once I am done with this, I will start the coffee port, probably sometime in January. It would be interesting to share notes as we go.

That would be great, I am planning to start mine January 1st. I once heard that whatever you do on New Years day you will be doing all year long, I hope that's right. I have already read the instructions to this kit and right off the bat I am a little confused. I am used to starting in a primary loosely covered and stirring at least once a day. The instruction seem to indicate that you put in a primary with an air lock and no mention is made of stirring daily. I guess we'll see.

I stir the wines that have grape packs. I also squeeze the skin pack once a day. I want to get maximum grape skin contact. I haven't looked at the directions for this kit yet, but the chocolate hazelnut port that I am doing right now,started with a high sg and fermented to dry. The F-pack adds a chocolate sweetness to bring the sg up. I put the airlock on right away. On regular kits I quite often leave the primary cover on loosely until sg of 1.010 then airlock it. I have also put the airlock on right away and have not seen any difference. For the Coffee port I think I will follow the directions completely.

Latest posts

Back