Winery Trip

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PolishWineP

Reaction score
2 weeks ago Bert, our friend Debbie, our daughter, Jessica and I went to visit Two Fools Winery, about 40 miles from here. www.twofoolsvineyard.com will get you a window to their world. I even remembered to take the camera with us. We brought home 8 bottles of wine. We had fun while there then had a tasting of some our our wines when we got home. We even thought to stop at the grocery for some cheeses and crackers!
smiley32.gif

2005-10-01_075315_Must.jpg

Must barrel getting stirred

2005-10-01_075501_Bar.jpg

Sampling at the sample bar. Left to right is Bert, Debbie, Jessica and Carol Stumpf, one of the owners.

It's not "wine country" but we do what we can.
smiley2.gif

Hi Pwp,

Just wondering.....that must barrel and the board to stir it with doesn't look all that sanitary......are we all being to cleanly!! lol

The taste is in the finished product!!

Looks like fun!!

Ramona

The barrel looks like that because it was really cooking a few days prior. I thought the hair in my nose was going to get singed from the alcohol that rolled out of there! Wow! The wood is used only for wine and I'm sure it's just fine. When we first started anddidn't have much equipment we used a trick I'd learned at my daddy's knee. We rubber-banded awooden dowelto the end of the racking hose to keep it where we wanted it in the carboy. It was used only for wine and it worked great!

Martina, I was behind the camera!

The wooden dowel is something my Dad told me about too. Everytime I am racking...I think..." why haven't I gotten that dowel yet"? He must have some old tricks...just wish I was close enough to him to make wine together.

He could probably learn from me too.

Ramona

Now that we have the racking cane and auto siphon we don't use the dowel any more. I kind of miss it though, it was like my dad was there with me, racking wine.

Latest posts

Back