RJ Spagnols Winery Series White Wines

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dugger

Reaction score
Spagnols have now included two white wines in their Cellar Classic Winery Series line up - a Chile Chardonnay and a South Africa Sauvignon Blanc and are using a different yeast strain, a QA23 Portuguese yeast.
It will be interesting to see if these whites live up to the standards of the reds in this series. They were apparently made available sometime in July.

My local store carries the series but doesn't, as yet, list those two wines on their web site. Next time I call or drop in I'll ask about those two whites. My wife gravitates more towards whites and blushes than she does reds. She is very please with the RJS VdV Pinot Grigio I made (the 2nd wine I made) and bottled earlier this year; I think she'd be thrilled with a higher end RJS white.

I have been using the qa23 yeast in my sauvignon blancs and they have turned out very well. We have been very please with the results. Also used ba11 and going to do a blend with my chilean sauv. blanc

Dugger

they will also be selling ultra premium wine in 1/2 kits. the info given is that you can mix them and make your own blends. Good or bad these guys are thinking outside the box to market their products. Good on them

cheers

Dugger

they will also be selling ultra premium wine in 1/2 kits. the info given is that you can mix them and make your own blends. Good or bad these guys are thinking outside the box to market their products. Good on them

cheers

Ahh, I see them now - the Top Hat kits; will have to go in to Maritime Brew and check all these new kits out. Thanks.

Nice to see the 1/2 kits. Wine Kitz brought out 15 bottle kits last year in their mid-range line. Seems like a great idea for someone who might not drink a lot of one type of wine.

BMac - haven't seen you for a while - good to see you back on here!

Nice to see the 1/2 kits. Wine Kitz brought out 15 bottle kits last year in their mid-range line. Seems like a great idea for someone who might not drink a lot of one type of wine.

Might also keep older folks in the hobby longer than otherwise. Folks without the upper body strength needed to lug 6 gallon carboys around the house, off the floor to rack or bottle, etc..

Dugger

cheers
Can't do much blending when there are just 2 reds and 2 whites (at least on their web-page). Hopefully the idea is a success, so that more varieties are produced. I'll have to check the local vendor, as I have a couple of 3 gallon carboys that haven't been used in about 6 years.

BTW, when I ran a Ferment on Premises these would have been nice (depending on quality and price, of course) because I had several customers who wanted less than 30 bottles. I swapped with a couple of them to get something different that I wanted to try.

UPDATE: Apparently these kits are only available at RJS Craft Winemaking Academy retailers. According to their web-site there are 12 RJS retailers within 50km of me. NONE are RJS Craft Winemaking Academy retailers.

Steve

Last edited:
Back