WINE...TV SHOWS

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthernWinos

Reaction score
Somewhere, I think on this Forum, someone mentioned a TV show called FLOYD UNCORKED....on the TRAVEL CHANNEL....I watched a few of the FLOYD ON...[Spain, Italy, Africa] and quite enjoyed them, just yesterday they began airing the FLOYD UNCORKED shows....I recorded them and just watched them....delightful!!! They are on at 9AM CSTime on the Travel Channel [Satellite]

Another good wine show is on the FINE LIVING channel [Satellite] SIMPLY WINE [ANDREA IMMER]...she knows the vocabulary....Those shows have been aired for a very long time...now she has a cooking show that I find not as interesting.

Anyone know of any other wine shows on TV?????????????

If you check out www.fineliving.com they have a contest where you can be a winemaker for a day at Estancia's Monterey Winery. They also have a link to find out your wine drinking personality. Last month they aired a special by Andrea Immer: 50 Wines, 50 States that a co-worker watched. She really enjoyed the program and recommended itto me. Unfortunately it only aired once last month, but will air on the 12th at 7 and 10 central. I am planning a trip to the Perdido Winery with my Miata Club inApril.This is where she pickeda muscadine as the best from Alabama.

If you have Tivo you can enter "wine" as a keyword and it will find all the programs that mention wine and record them. You may get some you don't want but you'll not know that till after you get them, better to check them out than possibly miss something good.
smiley2.gif

Steve

Yes, it will be on the Fine Living channel. If you have DirecTV it should be channel 232 I believe.

Steve

Andrea Immer is one of the few Master Sommeliers in the world and she does have a few good shows. She really does know her wine and is internationally recognized for that. A few other Wine TV shows we get here are:

Vine to Wine

Wine Television

Wine Basics

Simply Wine with Andrea Immer

Divine Life

I record them all
smiley9.gif

Dean said:
Andrea Immer is one of the few Master Sommeliers in the world and she does have a few good shows.  She really does know her wine and is internationally recognized for that.  A few other Wine TV shows we get here are:

Vine to Wine

Wine Television

Wine Basics

Simply Wine with Andrea Immer

Divine Life

I record them all
smiley9.gif

Dean...those sound like great shows, and I don't recall seeing most them...but...they might be on some channels that I don't often watch...are those shows on Canadian TV channels?????

We have crappy cable and don't get Travel Channel or Fine Living.
smiley19.gif
But we have loads of sports
smiley7.gif
and news channels
smiley7.gif
I'd gladly trade for them!

Some are on Fine Living, but the others I guess would be on Canadian channels, CLT (Canadian Learning TV), and Book TV (Which could be a USA feed). I built my own TiVo like device, and use a product called Beyond TV from snapstream.com. I have used this product for years and the product allows me to do keyword searches in my TV Listings for terms like "wine" "spirits" etc.

Everyone can sign for a free trial of the listing service as well at www.snapstream.net. I think you can search your local listings online too to find related shows in your area.

They do have some of these types of shows on the Food Network and I have seen a few. There was an episode on the other day where Alton Brown was showing how he makes beer and the wife called me in to watch but after 10 mins I had to get up and leave since he was giving some really bad advice!!!! He was making anbeer from extract with steeping grains and boiled the damn grains...
smiley7.gif

I should send him my tutorial and point out a few errors in his technique.
smiley36.gif

Well get on it, Scott! I love Alton Brown, but some times he does things that just aren't good.

Ask at your local PBS station for this great show on how to taste wine. I watched it and learned a lot. Don't forget to support your local PBS while you're at it.

Enjoying Wine with Mark Phillips

Northeast Ohio oenophiles Dan Greathouse and Keith Morris will be in the WVIZ studio during this program to share some of their wine expertise and to offer those who become WVIZ/PBS members during the program an opportunity to join them for a private wine tasting.

For many, wine remains somewhat mysterious - even intimidating. ENJOYING WINE WITH MARK PHILLIPS provides simple strategies for confidently selecting and enjoying wine. With a humorous and entertaining approach, host Mark Phillips helps wine novices navigate the variety and beauty of the world's wines, while also encouraging them to trust their palettes. The special also answers common concerns, including ordering wine at a restaurant, finding one wine among thousands and pairing wine with food.

Phillips is also the executive director of the Wine Tasting Association and the most hired and rehired speaker on wine in the Washington, D.C. area. An engaging presenter, he is adept at adjusting his presentations to meet the level of expertise of his audience. Phillips makes even the novice feel confident in a wine store and at a restaurant with his wit and clear explanations of wine's mysteries and rituals.

Phillips is the wine teacher at L'Academie de Cuisine. He has been invited to speak about wine on several cruises, including the Queen Elizabeth II Wine and Food Theme Cruise, with the late Julia Child. He was the opening speaker for the Washington D.C. International Wine Festival and was chosen to lead a wine tasting in Philadelphia for members of Congress as part of the 2000 Republican National Convention. Stories about Phillips have appeared in the Washingtonian, Washington Post, Washington Times, The Hill, Marie Claire and USA Today. Phillips has served as a wine expert for ABC News, Reuters News Service, Forbes, National Public Radio, FOX and the Smithsonian.

Latest posts

Back