Howdy-do!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mellow Mama

Junior
Reaction score
A great big howdy and hello from along the banks of Blair's Creek, MO, nestled among the foothills of the Ozark Mountains. Me and my husband and our five children (I didn't know you could have a kid ever year! ;-) )reside in one of the most remote areas here in Missouri and live off the grid. We have no indoor plumbing, cook off a wood cook stove, drink water from a spring, use oil lamps for lighting and in all, building up a homestead that will sustain us. (You might have seen us on TV. Animal Planet aired a few episodes of a reality show on us called Missouri Mountain Family) Two years back I stumbled upon a wine making recipe by simply combining six heaping cups of fruit, six cups of sugar and one gallon of water and letting it set for a month stirring the whole thing on occasion. I didn't think it would work, but I gave it a whirl anyway. Over a hundred quarts of wine later, I'm making wine out of any form of fruit I can get my hands on and have planted over sixty berry bushes on our spread with the hopes of using all them berries for my wine endeavors. I even cleared a side of a hill and planted a vineyard. Anyway, I thought I'd join this site and see what I can learn from all yenz.

Welcome, but how are you off the grid yet online with us........:a1:)

Back