Wine mentor-Modesto Ca

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trackinghound

Junior
Reaction score
Is there anybody on the forum that is close to my area that would be interested in sharing, helping and providing you knowledge.

I am new to the forum which is very informative and just started my first batch from a kit purchased locally. Looking to see if there is anyone local here I might be able to call upon the exchange information with or call upon in an emergency.

Hope you find someone. However, if you are making a kit and you follow the instructions, you shouldn't have any problems. If you have questions, we can help you here on the forum.

Wine making is definitely not rocket science, as I can personally attest.

I am making my wine from kits. I buy my juice from a small local shop. Since we are in the heart of wine county they have an outlet from a local supply of juice. So I am not using a traditional kit so to speak.

These kits come with limited instructions and non marked packets of A-D. The limited instructions are my concern because I have questions in the stages because of the non traditional kits it's kind of hard.

On that note I just started another batch this time a Merlot. I just added packet A which is a yeast juice killer. If that maked since.

I would call them. You'd think A thru D would be in the order when you add them and yeast killer would after fermentation. I make a lot of kits but the packages are labled what they are.
Les

On that note I just started another batch this time a Merlot. I just added packet A which is a yeast juice killer. If that maked since.

as a matter of fact, it does make sense....sounds to me like it is a packet of k-meta, which is potassium metabisulphite, which is used to kill the wild yeasts present on the grapes your juice is made from....it creates a sterile environment, persay, for your cultivated wine to take hold in....

Yes, thats correct Ken as I looked further. I think I will start a new thread I read some where this kit I am using has some complications along with it. Its a local kit but I guess they ship all around the US and I read some where ( that I cant find now) that it has some complications associated with it. I would like to make these two batches drinkable when done.

Latest posts

Back