Wine kit question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burningalive

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone hear has done the Island Mist Blackberry Merlot kit? If so what did you think of it? I'm kind of unsure about doing a cheap kit like that and my instincts tell me to stay away from them and just do something else, but a quick kit would be nice while something else that takes longer is brewing if it's a decent wine. Thought?

Also if you want to get the ABV around 10 to 11% what is the best way to do it? Thanks.

Burningalive Ive made 2 Blackberry merlot kits just usesimple sugar solution mixed 2 to 1to raise SG to 1.080 these kits are summer time favorites around here. They are light thirst quinchers
smiley20.gif
to be enjoyed much like a wine cooler.AL

I have done one of the Blackberry merlot kits and as NEBama said , I tweaked the starting SG. to 1.080.....This makes a very nice wine cooler type wine enjoyed by family and guests who like a sweeter wine....And is soon ready to drink after bottling [4 to 6 weeks]....ENJOY

Not to sound stupid but.......how exactly do you make the simple sugar solution? And how much sugar will I need? Approx. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back