Wine finings

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ttimmer said:
What wine are you making, and where are you in the process. With some more information, we can probably help.

Hi

Thanks for coming back to me. Making wine from grape juice as just starting out. Brewed 3 weeks ago and decanted into wine bottles but still quite an amount of yeast in the bottom of the bottles. Thanks again.

richy said:
Hi

Thanks for coming back to me. Making wine from grape juice as just starting out. Brewed 3 weeks ago and decanted into wine bottles but still quite an amount of yeast in the bottom of the bottles. Thanks again.

1. Ferment in a container (primary) with adequate space for foaming for 7-10 days.

2. Transfer to a carboy or similar container with minimal head space and let sit for 30 days. At this point, there will be yeast at the bottom and the wine is reasonable clear.

3. Rack (transfer) wine and dose with metabisulfite. Wine will continue to clear for an additional 30-90 days. At this point, I typically bottle.

So give it lots of time, and enjoy your clear wine in 3-4 months.

Latest posts

Back